Converting database is an option right after the installation. If you do not convert the database following the installation, you can use the Restore Database feature to convert the database.
A) If your mac shows the hidden files/folders, follow the steps below to convert database:
1. Click Tool | Restore Database...
2. Choose the Pro 1.9 database file in /Users/Usename/Library/Application Support/ACD Systems/com.ACDSystems.ACDSeePro (version 4.1).mediaDatabase
3. Click "Restore", it will start to convert and restore the old database
B) If your mac does NOT show the hidden files/folders, follow the steps below to backup the 1.9 database and then covert the database:
1. Backup your database in Pro 1.9
2. In ACDSee Pro 2, Click Tool | Restore Database... to restore the backed up file, it will start to convert and restore the old database.
And, if you're in OSX 10.8 and cannot launch Pro 1.9, use the following steps to first show hidden files on mac, and then use the database restore feature to convert the database:
1. Launch /Applications/Utilities/Terminal
2. Type "defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES" in Terminal, press "Enter"
3. Hold "Option", right click Finder on Dock, choose "Relaunch"
Then you'll see your hidden files shown on your mac.
If you do not want to show the hidden files after converting ACDSee database, replace the "YES" in step 2 to "No" and then repeat the steps above.